Apply for a Loan
Go to Loan Application
Enter your zip code here.
$$$ Act now! Close an emPower Home Upgrade loan with Ventura County Credit Union by October 1, 2016 and you may qualify for a $500 incentive!
The emPower Home Upgrade Loan was created in partnership with
CoastHills Credit Union and Ventura County Credit Union.
Single family homeowners in Santa Barbara, Ventura or San Luis
Obispo County can access the unsecured emPower Home
Upgrade Loan for Eligible Projects with the following benefits:
- Rates starting at 5.90% (fixed, vary based on creditworthiness)
- Loan size $1,000-$30,000
- Terms up to 15 years
- No equity or collatoral required
- No pre-payment penalties (can use pre-payment for one-time reamortization)
- No closing costs or fees
- Approval time in 1 day or less
There are steps you must take before you can qualify for an emPower loan.
Click here for an overview of our four step application process.
If you’ve already selected a participating contractor and they have received approval to proceed from
an eligible energy efficiency program (and California Solar Initiative, if applicable), you are ready to
submit a loan application to one of two lenders, based on your zip code - To determine which
lending institution serves your neighborhood, please enter your zip code in the blue box.
The following documents are required to be submitted with your loan application:
- Contractor bid proposal(s) and scope of work for the upgrades intended to be installed and financed by emPower.
- A letter verifying your project’s enrollment in the selected incentive program. Your proposal and scope of work should only include upgrades deemed eligible under an eligible energy efficiency rebate program (and California Solar Initiative Reservation Confirmation, if solar projects are included in loan application).
Based upon underwriting criteria and eligibility, you will receive a conditional pre-approval letter for financing within 24-48 hours of submitting a complete loan application. All documents required of the lender and emPower must be submitted with your loan application. Once you receive pre-approval, you and your contractor should start your upgrade project.
emPower Loan Applicant Acknowledgement: You understand that the selection of the lender and the contractor and the acceptance of the materials used and the work performed are your responsibility, and that emPower and the County of Santa Barbara, County of Ventura, or County of San Luis Obispo and their directors, officers, agents, and the lender do not guarantee the performance, quality, or workmanship of the property improvements. You understand that your loan will be directly with the lender and not with emPower or the County of Santa Barbara, County of Ventura, or County of San Luis Obispo.